Sunday, August 27, 2006

Semi-Fun in the Sun

Hey, blog buddies, if you notice that I don’t post anything for the next few days, don’t worry that I’ve been jailed because of my earlier antiwar comment. I’m just taking a mini vacation to the Maine coast to visit some old friends.

That was not a picture of my friends’ house. I’ll be staying nearby, at a place with no Internet access, TV or phone, and probably sketchy cell service. I think there is running water, but I’m not sure. This is hardly my idea of a vacation. Actually sounds more like some sort of punishment. But, alas, I promised to visit, so I have to go show my face, even if ever so briefly. I’m just a little worried about being cut off from civilization! The world could end and I would not even know it. So, please, please, please do not let the world end when I am away. I’m counting on you guys.

Oh, and also, if you know where I live and you're thinking of breaking in to steal all my goodies when I am away, don’t bother. First of all, there is nothing here worth going to jail over. And second of all, I asked my busy-body, bitchy-ass neighbor to keep an eye on my place. And trust me, you'll really regret it if you piss her off.

7 comments:

John H said...

i think you should break into the Bush compound and use their internet access.

Come back with stories! (I'll miss ya)

meloncutter said...

Enjoy the seclusion. Have fun. Get sunburnt. Relax.


Later Yall.

Michael C said...

I love the coast of Maine. Enjoy the trip and thanks for thinking us and leaving several posts...how thoughtful!!

Vive42 said...

aw gee. my half-formed plan to figure out where you live and then go help myself to your valuable penny collection has died before i even got to assemble a team of professional safe crackers and second story men.

maybe i should go rip off my parents- they're in maine right now as well, but they have their laptops and both cellphones and landlines. no tv though so theyre probably resorting to kyaking and hiking to relieve the boredom.

ShadowFalcon said...

Hey have a nice holiday and try to survive without the technology. We've been without broadband for two months, my husband is completely cracking up so I can sympathise.

How on earth did people cope with just carrier piegons?...

thethinker said...

Have fun. Come back with lots of stories.

PARLANCHEQ said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. It was complete torture, but somehow I survived a few days without being wired. At least it was awful weather so we got to flirt with civilization - driving around and whatnot - instead of trying to be one with nature. To a city gal, that's just plain scary.