Sunday, September 24, 2006

Is It Worth $9.95?

I created a profile on one of those online dating websites and guess what? Ten people have viewed my profile and I have two messages and one flirt! (I’m not sure what a flirt is, but it sounds very deliciously kinky.) But here’s the thing; I didn’t read the fine print when I put my profile up. Turns out that while posting a profile is free, actually receiving your messages and flirts requires a paid membership. So now I have to decide if it’s worth the $9.95 it will cost to sign up for a month and retrieve my messages.

The site where I posted my profile is Republican People Meet. I went for this site over Democratic People Meet, because everyone knows that Republicans have more money. I married for love before and it wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be, so the next time I’m going for the big bucks. I even said that in my profile, so no riff-raff would bother responding. And before you go thinking that I misled any desperate-for-love conservatives, I also stated in my profile that I am not a big Bush supporter and that I only give it up to guys who are similarly-minded.

Admittedly, some of the guys who have viewed my profile creep me out a bit. Maybe the size of a guy's weaponry is important for Republican women, but I’m not sure I’d trust a guy who felt it was appropriate to post a picture of himself grasping his shotgun. And what the hell is up with the guy who posted a picture of himself with his mom? I feel it's pushing things a bit to meet the in-laws before the first email is exchanged. As for the guy who posted one pic where he’s clad in all leather and another in a tight little spandex ensemble, my gaydar tells me he needs to open up the door and come out of the closet already.

Secretly I am hoping that I have a message from the guy who goes by the name Bush Rocks. I’m sure he and I would be highly compatible politically because he admits in his profile that he is not 100% behind Bush either. (Seems Bush is a little too liberal for his tastes, but whatever; point is he agrees that Bush has faults.) His financial picture is a bit cloudy since he doesn’t fess up his income and his pics seem to indicate he still lives with his mother. (Either that or his tastes in home d├ęcor tend towards the effeminate.) But the way he pimped out his profile page with Jesus pics totally turns me on. Plus he says he digs assertive women, so I'd get to completely boss him around with no hard feelings. I am almost sure this is a love connection!

But what if I shell out the $9.95 only to find that Bush Rocks does not want to flirt with me? I will be so heartbroken I may never recover. Perhaps I should just not retrieve my messages rather than risk the potential blow to my self esteem. What do you think?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

9.95 is nothing for a good laugh or a good chat. Give it a go, I mean what is the worst that can happen?

(Someone actaully posted a pic with thier mum?? Have people not heard of Oedipus?)

Anonymous said...

Is Bush Rocks affiliated with Cheney Rulz?? Very amusing, thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

Word on the street is...

First marriage - we marry for love.

Second marriage - we marry for money.

Third marriage - we marry for friendship.

Get all the mula you can, so you and your future friendship companion can have lots of fun! $9.95 may just be the best investment you've ever made! ; )

-Nina
nina866.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Go for it, girl!!
T

Anonymous said...

LOL... Just ... (snort snicker snicker) LOL.

Good Post.


Later Yall...

abbagirl74 said...

Funny, funny girl! I would love to see some of the guys' facial reactions when they read your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh I would go for it....just to get some blog fodder, at least.
Good luck...

Peace

thethinker said...

I say you should fork over the cash and see what happens. Just don't let Bush Rocks find your blog.

Vive42 said...

this may be the lesbian in me speaking, but as far as i'm concerned there isn't a man alive worth 10 bucks.

i do like the idea of marrying for money though. the premise is good, but the method of finding a rich republican stud might be lacking.

John H said...

hey V, I resemble that remark..I'm worth at least 10..ok, 7.50$.

Go for the 9.95$..as the wise Odat above said..if nothing else..it'll give us some blog posts to read..

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Well, a lot of guys seem to believe it's better to marry than to earn.

I think you should pony up and read the messages. At the very least, it will probably give you some great material for your blog.

Um, if your main criterion is a lack of love for Bush, you'll never run out of candidates for your hand.

BeeJiggity said...

Good Lawd woman,

How cheap are you?

Ten Buck for loads of entertainment and a chance to meet some eligible guys seems like it should be worth it. It seems like fun.

The bad news for you is that we aren't all rich. I mean really 60 million rich guys walkin around? No, not really.

Anyway, I'm married, and while I swing far right in most ways possible, Mrs-Jiggity is not so die-hard. She won't even say that she's a conservative. I love her anyway, and I'm keeping her!

Sometimes you gotta say WTF, it's just ten bucks...

Marjorie Wise said...

I'm inclined to agree with vive42 that there's not a man alive worth 10 bucks, with the exception of my son and his sons. My experience is that men tend to be more trouble than the benefits. But then, it may all be good for a chuckle, so I say go for it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The posts have been slim lately.

PARLANCHEQ said...

Thanks for all the comments! The votes have been counted and it's 9 for me wasting - oh, I mean spending - $9.95 to meet the Republican of my dreams, 1 against, and 3 uncommitted. So...I will stop being cheap and retrieve my messages! The good news is that I am now up to 4 messages, 2 flirts and 1 bookmark and some new creepy guys have viewed my profile! This should be good for at least one or two more blog posts. Stay tuned. :)