Monday, September 25, 2006

Throne Fit For a Queen

This magnificently luxurious item was included in a recent estate sale. Clearly a must have item for all not-exactly-affluent apartment dwellers like myself! Alas, the item was sought after by so many that I didn’t stand a chance securing it at auction without shelling out the month’s grocery money. I was momentarily in tears until my good friend Google told me he had seen a very similar item for sale at Kmart. Who knew Kmart sold such sophisticated lavatory accoutrements? Must be the Martha Stewart influence. Say what you will about that woman, but she has the kind of style and class that only a Jersey girl could have.

Just because Kmart sells inexpensive products doesn't mean they can't be beautiful. That's why I'm here: not to sink to your level, but to raise you to mine.
~Martha Stewart in Martha, Inc.:The Story of Martha Stewart

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw one stuffy with drawing pins and kept thinking, what if the plastic cracked? Ouch....

Anonymous said...

It gives a WHOLE new meaning to Sinatra's 3 Coins In The Fountain, that's for sure!

Kirsten said...

It's not the decorations I have an issue with, it's the fact that it's made out of clear resin. The whole point of putting a toilet seat down is so you don't have to look at poo stains, but that purpose is defeated with this clever decorative toilet seat. I wonder if they're in cahoots with the toilet bowl cleaner companies?

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Well, if times got rough you could always pry the coins off and spend them. Remember: A penny saved is a penny earned.

My mother always complained that with my spending habits, I might as well throw money down the toilet.

Martha Stewart is nothing if not arrogant. I think I'll pass on bootstrapping myself to her level, wherever it is.

thethinker said...

I agree with Kirsten. Maybe they could make it less see-through by installing a layer of dollar bills within that clear layer. The more money, the better.

Vive42 said...

wow if i had that all my friends and aquantences would think i was rich AND classy! i'd just have to figure out a way of getting them to use my toilet without seeing anything else in my apartment...

oss said...

Why just coins in a toilet seat cover? Think of the possibilities! Why not other things...like tampons, or food?

wallray said...

How about some fake poop?

PARLANCHEQ said...

shadowfalcon: Ouch!!

michael c: Ha!

kirsten: Good point. And I do hate to clean the bathroom!

heartsinsanfrancisco: Ah, hadn't thought of that. Kind of like having money near the tank. ;0

thethinker: Good idea. Maybe the whole top should be filled with bills, preferably $100s.

vive42: Well, once I looked at an apartment where the bathroom was not in the apartment, but rather off the hall. (Lovely, lovely place, as you can imagine.) You just need a place like that, so you can invite guests directly to the bathroom.

oss: Tampons??? Yikes!

wallray: Poop??? Double yikes!