Sunday, October 29, 2006

Get Your Freak On

In the 1980s Tompkins Square Park in New York City's East Village was a dangerous place filled with homeless people and drug dealers. Since that time there has been quite an effort to clean up the park. A snazzy little playground area was added, as was a dog run, the city's first. If my visit this morning was any indication, these efforts have resulted in a park filled with homeless people, families, kids and dogs....



4Neuter/spay your dog to use the run safely. Intact dogs are likely to provoke aggression or be attacked. (Puppies under 6 months get to keep'em.)
4No aggressive dogs. Do not let your dog pester or mount other dogs. Watch for signs of aggression.
4No dogs in heat.

From the
Tompkins Square Park First Run dog park rules

...Dogs who like to get their freak on, rules be damned.

6 comments:

Blondie said...

*Snort*

Pepper said...

I am sorry I can't leave a comment yet I am too busy laughing.

slaghammer said...

It appears they are practicing safe sex, I think.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

They probably didn't read the bylaws.

BeeJiggity said...

I don't think that picture is appropriate for a family website.

But since we're here...

If that was people in the same position, I'd be horny by now.

wait a minute ---Maybe I am... aaah, no it's just gas. *whew*

PARLANCHEQ said...

Thanks for all the comments.

My son Rock Star was aghast that I posted the picture of the dogs doing...well, whatever it is that they are doing. But, hey, I didn't ask them to do that when I walked by the dog park, so really it's nothing more than yet another scenic vista from NYC. :)