Thursday, October 26, 2006

New York City At Last



We made it! I say we because Rock Star came along to serve as my copilot and bodyguard. Although I'm not sure how he is going to perform his bodyguard duties since he already ditched me to take his 'girlfriend' to dinner. (They met at camp this past summer. She lives in NYC, about 15 blocks from our hotel.)

We are staying in midtown Manhattan. Our hotel is nice, though given the price I did expect there would be a personal butler in the bathroom to help me wipe my ass. I'll have to check with the front desk about that. Perhaps the best part is that there is a Starbucks just outside the hotel's entrance. And another in the next block. And the next. And the next. I kid you not. It's like paradise.

4 comments:

Crankster said...

My friend John refers to Starbucks as the unofficial New York public restroom network. This, by the way, is information that might come in handy.

abbagirl74 said...

Ah, Starbucks! Please order me a venti non-fat pumpkin spice latte with no foam and extra whip. Thanks!

misanthropster said...

and that video was genius.

Thank you. I think I snarfed my own spit with that one...

PARLANCHEQ said...

Crankster: Yes, this information served me quite well in NYC. Although at one point I went almost 4 blocks without seeing a Starbucks. I was frantic because I really needed to pee. ;)

Abbagirl74: Done. Would you like anything to eat with that? :)

Misanthropster: I was actually looking for New York, New York (Frank Sinatra), but this video was so much better. :)