Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Stamp of Approval

See Bailey the dog.



See Bailey the dog on a postage stamp.


See kissin' couple.



See kissin' couple on a postage stamp.



OK, you get the idea, right? You take a picture, any picture (within reason, you dirty-minded individuals), and you can get it made into a postage stamp. Of course it's going to cost you about 90 cents a stamp for a sheet of 20 39-cent stamps, but there are discounts if you buy more than one sheet of the same photo.

And, the best part...There is a contest! Every month until May 2007 three winners will be chosen from among the people who purchase photo stamps that month. The monthly winners get a commemorative sheet of their photo stamp and also are entered into the grand-prize contest. The grand prize is a trip to Bush's temporary home-town (cool unless you already live in the DC area, I guess). And if your photo stamp is truly spectacular it might be one of three chosen to be displayed at the Smithsonian next summer.

So, all you good photographers who also still use snail mail, go make your photo stamps so you can be entered in the contest. So far I'm rooting for Bailey the dog, but I could be swayed if you are really nice to me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it beats the Queen thats for sure.

Anonymous said...

I don't want anyone else to steal my idea, but I'm taking a picture of a stamp to turn into a stamp.

Julie said...

Oooh good idea for wedding invitations. If you're rich, that is.

oss said...

Sorry, but every time I look at the second pic I can't help but wonder where both their right hands are...

lastonehere said...

My neighbor has a golden retriever, whose name is Baily. Coincidence Maybe, or is it a common name?

PARLANCHEQ said...

shadowfalcon: But I guess if someone really wanted to they could make a Queen stamp for use in the US. :)

michael c: Awesome idea! I think you really should do it. :)

julie: Yes, very pricey, but it would be great for wedding invites.

oss: Dirty minds think alike because I was wondering the same thing!

lastonehere: I know a golden retriever named Bailey too!

Morgen said...

I do stamps.com and I got all excited with this, because in their promo literature, it sounded like this would cost NO MORE than a regular stamp!!! BUT then the new software came out & I did the math....

Grrrrrr.... Not happy.
I'm already paying for the label paper, then for the postage, and they want me to pay even more to have my logo on the stamp that someone's just going to throw away anyways? Agh... clearly, I am WAY too worked up over a STAMP!

PARLANCHEQ said...

Morgen: It is rather pricey...I think we need some competition in the stamp making business to drive prices down. :)