Monday, October 09, 2006

Thank You Columbus

Thank you Columbus for arriving in the new world when you did because your arrival corresponded perfectly to me needing a day off in order to have time to convert my blog to Beta. The conversion took much longer than expected because the damn templates wouldn't cooperate. So finally I gave up on doing what I wanted to do (which was going to be awesome, completely and totally awesome) and went instead with what I could do (mediocrity at its finest).

Because I am anal, I decided that I had to go back and tag all my old posts. I still need to work on that a bit because I was not at all consistent in my tagging. Whatever. At least every post has a tag, so no post will feel neglected.

I also need to update my links. I'll do that soon. Maybe even later tonight. But right now Rock Star is chomping at the bit to get on the computer to check his MySpace comments. And since he cleaned his room and put his clean clothes away and emptied the kitty litter box and took out the trash and got his knap sack ready for school tomorrow and did some jumping jacks, I have run out of stall tactics and must turn the computer over to him forth with.

11 comments:

Biomed Tim said...

The Beta looks great. I like.

Good job on the inconsistent tags too...they look, sophisticated.

Kirsten said...

I like it! I'm playing around on a test blog to make sure I can do exactly what I want on Beta, and as soon as I figure that out, I'll convert. I can't wait to tag my posts, since I've been really really bad at keeping up with it in Technorati.

ShadowFalcon said...

I like the new looks, very nice :-)

Hope you had a nice time and that Rock Star managed to get on to myspace

T said...

Nicely done!
T

austere said...

nice!

Steven Novak said...

You made rock star do some jumping jacks?

That's it...I'm calling CPS. ;)

Steve~

Michael C said...

The new design looks awesome!!!!
Great, great job

Odat said...

I thanked Columbus too!...
And your page looks wonderful...

PARLANCHEQ said...

Hi everyone. Thanks for the compliments on the new look. Glad you like it because I don't want to change it anytime soon. :)

As for Rock Star, not to worry - I only made him do 1,000 jumping jacks, so it wasn't extreme. And I let him go on MySpace for 1 minute. Really I think I need to watch out because I might be spoiling that kid. ;)

Barb said...

hehee.. I'm adding labels to my posts, too. Invisible ones, tho.

My birthday was traditional Columbus Day. I turened 50 and was depressed most of the day lol

PARLANCHEQ said...

Barb: Well, belated happy b-day then. I hope you ate lots of cake and ice cream to help cure the b-day blues. :)