Friday, November 10, 2006

Does This Offend You? (#8)



Because these sexy nurse waitresses at the Heart Attack Grill in Tempe, AZ offended some people enough that they actually complained to the Center for Nursing Advocacy and the Arizona State Board of Nursing.

According to the Center for Nursing Advocacy, how the waitresses dress contributes to the sexual abuse of nurses who work at hospitals, clinics and doctor's offices.

"That makes people believe that on some level that maybe nurses do provide sexual services," said Sandy Summers, executive director of the Center for Nursing Advocacy. "Every day nurses write to me how they're groped and they're grabbed in the workplace."

…the restaurant perpetuates a link between nurses and sex objects. Summers said that's why some people choose not to go into the nursing profession.

"No self-respecting man or woman would want to become a nurse in this environment where nurses are constantly depicted as these bimbos," Summers said.

~ East Valley Tribune, 10/27/2006 ~

The fact the waitresses at this single restaurant dress in pseudo nurse outfits is to blame for all that? That’s just about the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. The Heart Attack Grill is a single restaurant that most people who harass nurses or who are considering a nursing career have probably never even heard of. Not to mention that any idiot would realize that the restaurant’s 'nurses' are sexy waitresses, not bona fide nurses.

This whole uproar over the nurse waitresses is nothing more than political correctness gone terribly astray. Get a grip people! The 'nurses' - along with the 8,000 calorie Quadruple Bypass Burger and wheelchair service for patrons who eat too much - are part of the restaurant’s shtick, not a commentary on the nursing profession. Personally I think the whole theme is rather amusing, but if you don’t agree, guess what? You don’t have to go eat at the place.


Disclaimer: I attended nursing school, but did not finish. I hereby declare that the Heart Attack Grill had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to not pursue nursing. I just don't look good in white. Had I known I could wear a hot black and red mini, as pictured above, I would have stuck with nursing for sure.

18 comments:

Lizza said...

Maybe that Sandy Summers woman applied to be a waitress at the Heart Attack Grill at one point in her life and didn't make the cut. :-)

Biomed Tim said...

Note to self: stop daily nurse-groping...apparently nurses don't equal sex objects.

Barb said...

I think the name of the grill is a clue to the fact that the costumes aren't to be taken seriously. Sheesh.

ShadowFalcon said...

Some people have more time then sense

austere said...

AAh America!

*sagely nods*

Phelan said...

People really need to get over themselves. This pissing and moaning over every little thing is tiring.

BeeJiggity said...

I must express my offense.

I am offended that the Heart Attack Grill is only open in Tempe, AZ. I've never been to Tempe. Couldn't they have put the restaurant here in Chicago?

And besides, it's the doctors who are the really hot loose girls. Doesn't anybody watch Grey's Anatomy?

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Anyone who willingly eats at a place called the Heart Attack Grill has more serious issues to worry about than the server's uniforms.

Nina said...

So who gets more groping? Nurses or nurse waitressing?

I wanna sign up for the most groping opportunities! (hee-hee)

abbagirl74 said...

hehehehehehe

Starrlight said...

Another fine example of people needing to grow a set of balls and learn to take a joke. My god, that is just stupid. In fact, I'd say that this casts nurses in a far worse light than booty baring waitresses ever could.

Crankster said...

If one restaurant can overturn the entire image of America's nursing corps, then there is a problem.

Talk about influence! Sandy Summers' comments have convinced me that nurses are, indeed, bimbos.

Jacob said...

Wait, are the hart attacks from the burgers or the sexy? Maybe it's the combination, because they found that most people were surviving either one or the other... OMG! I think that restaurant is trying to kill fat lechers! MMM...quadruple bacon cheese burger with a side of ass...I'm doomed.

Meloncutter said...

Will you PLEASE make up yer danged mind. Yesterday you posted an ANTIBONEROMA pic and today you hit me with this. My crotch is getting all confused now. I don't know whether I am going or coming.

Later Y'all

Blondie said...

Does this mean the owls are hooters aren't real either? No wonder all the owls run away from me in the forest....

Vive42 said...

wait a sec, you mean nurses don't provide sexual services? then what are sponge baths for?

Mairin Verthandi said...

Some people need to find more important things to bitch about.

misanthropster said...

Oh that's beautiful.

Now, I was all offended because of the barely clad teenaged girls scampering around in sexy nurse/whatever outfits.

Plus, sexy nurse outfits are, like, SO over.

Can't we find someting else to dress up as sexy? Like sexy cafeteria lady costumes, or sexy garbage ladies.

I dunno... Something else.