Monday, November 13, 2006

An Excuse to Post This Pic

I’ve been waiting for an excuse to post this lost-in-translation picture and today I got it, in the form of one of these…

You see, one of the special perks of having recently had cervical cancer is a follow-up exam every few months to see if there are signs of cancerous activity anywhere down there. Now I get to wait around with baited breath for the test results. I am really not feeling like there are any mutant cells on the loose, so I'm thinking that I will indeed live long enough to have to file my 2006 tax return. Oh, goodie.

Now, mind you, the doc did say that along with all the other side effects I have had as a result of the hysterectomy, it looks like I might now be developing something called atrophic vaginitis. Sounds rather disgusting, I agree, but who cares when the prescribed treatment to keep the condition’s bothersome symptoms at bay is S-E-X?
Regular sexual activity, either with or without a partner, can decrease problems with vaginal atrophy. (Mayo Clinic)
I wonder if I can take sick-time from work when I’m, you know, undergoing my treatments.

13 comments:

Dr. A said...

Uhhh.... Ummmm..... Hmmmm.....

*Dr. A's pager goes off an he rushes out of the room*

ShadowFalcon said...

I love this stuff have you seen

http://www.engrish.com/index1.php

Lizza said...

The reasons why it's good to have sex just keep increasing!

Phelan said...

My husband actually has a script that our Dr. wrote out for him, prescribing sex 3 times daily.

Barb said...

Most prescriptions come with that warning about not operating heavy machinery. Make up your own joke.

Blondie said...

I've been joking around that my vagina will atrophy since the ex and I broke up! It can really happen??? Ahhhhh!

Pepper said...

Another wonderful symptom to look forward to.....

Well, I have been happily and blissfully single by choice for 15 years so I guess I won't worry about that.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

First of all, stay healed, whatever it takes.

Even that. OMG.

Who knew something so good could actually be good FOR us? (Sexual activity is also recommended as a preventive for prostate cancer.)

It's always better to take sick time when you're well because it's impossible to enjoy when you're really sick.

Odat said...

I think you should take all the time off for this activity as possible...and get well real quick!!!!!!
Hope everything goes well!
Peace

Meloncutter said...

Ok... I don't have to go to the closet of shame. My problem is atrophy. Weinernutatrophy. (with a generous infusion of soy shrinkage which I am still thinking of suing over) My research and contemplation are complete.

Question? When the (how to say this with some retention of decorum and decency??? Hmmm.....) "Cockpit" of your little airplane atrophies, does it get smaller (tighter)?

Later Y'all....

Crankster said...

If your doctor gives you a prescription, be sure to frame it.

And thank you so much for the fantastic picture. Cunt Examination! You just made my day.

Lee said...

OH MY GOSH!! I can't beleive you needed as excuse to post this pic. It is hilarious!

austere said...

You take care.