Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Freaks, Taggings and Links

Suddenly, inexplicably, a piece of me went missing. The very piece responsible for breaking up with a guy if he turned out to be a freak.

Literally overnight, I went from somebody who was a pretty good judge of character -- somebody who was able to go out on a date or two, and if I didn't feel the chemistry, kindly back out -- to being a sucker, unable to think and act for myself.

Now I found myself having third, fourth, fifth dates with people I didn't care for.

From Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs



The above was brought to you courtesy of a tagging by Mairin Verthandi. The instructions were:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next 4 sentences and these instructions.
5. Tag 5 other unsuspecting bloggers.


Full disclosure: The four sentences above were not extracted from the nearest book, for that book was far too trashy to admit to reading. They were not from the next 12 nearest books either, because sentences from those books were not humorous, sarcastic, obnoxious, or otherwise worthy of appearing on this blog. I have very high standards, you know.


Now for the pesky tagging part. The first five people who read this post are officially tagged. Leave me a comment when you've posted your sentences and the instructions on your blog and I will add your link below. This should work because everyone wants to get more links, right?

T at Random Thoughts
Starlight at Here Comes A Storm In the Form of A Girl
Not a Cookie Cutter at Not A Cookie Cutter
Shadow Falcon at Exorcise My Devils

~ Your link here! ~

14 comments:

ShadowFalcon said...

Wahoo I'm first...damn it it means I'm tagged doh!

Will go post now...

T said...

that'll teach me to check your blog before I've had my caffeine! I'll post later this morning and get back to you.
T

Meloncutter said...

Neener Neener Boo Booo.... I already did this one. (thumb in ears with fingers waving and tongue sticking out) Does this mean I have to do it again?

Later Y'all....

T said...

yeah, ok, now I'll have to wait to do this till I get home - no books at work.....
T

Lee said...

ummmm...is there going to be any explanation of that picture? Lordy!

Vive42 said...

one...two... three...

NOT IT!!!!

i decline on the grounds that it's too much work, plus i refuse to confirm or deny rumours that i actually read books.

Starrlight said...

Ok I will bite. I'll holler when I am done. And that picture.

I literally "Jesus" when I opened up your blog. And I am at work :P

Starrlight said...

Done!

http://absinthedreamers.blogspot.com/2006/11/grand-empress-of-savannah.html

T said...

Done.....

Not a Cookie Cutter said...

Typed and published. ;)
~G

Barb said...

This was such a fun MeMe.. I had people I didn't tag grabing books and posting their answers in my comments ;)

ShadowFalcon said...

done :-) http://shadow-falcon.blogspot.com/2006/11/book-tagged.html

Odat said...

I think i'll try it.....

Anonymous said...

Amusing topic