Saturday, November 04, 2006

Getting Down to the Dregs

Random pictures from New York City

~Big, tall buildings~

~Local characters~
~Things with wheels~

~Material Possessions~

~All the news that's fit to print, and then some~


~A bridge I'd like to sell you~



In case you hadn't gathered by now, I didn't hit many of the usual tourist spots in New York City. No Statue of Liberty, no Empire State Building, no Metropolitan Museum of Art, no Central Park Zoo. Nothing against any of those places. It's just that this was a short visit. What I like to do best when I'm traveling is walk around. Get a sense of the place. And people watch, of course. Sometimes the most ordinary is really the most extraordinary. Added bonus: no admission charge!

3 comments:

austere said...

No met is a letdown.next time?

Aisby said...

I just love the flatiron building. It doesn't matter from what angle it is photographed, it just gorgeous.

PARLANCHEQ said...

Austere: Next time for sure. I would have gone this trip, but I had to leave myself an excuse to make another visit to NYC!

Aisby: I was going for the head on view, but I am convinced that the only way to get it exactly head on is to stand in the middle of street, which didn’t seem like the smartest thing to do!