Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Am Not Weird, Really!

I think I am a rather boring, average, everyday sort of person. Nevertheless, people in the blogsphere apparently feel that I am especially weird. Or at least that’s what I’ve come to believe after being tagged not one, not two, but now three times by some variation of the weird-things-about-you meme. The most recent such tagging came from John H at Salem’s Lots.

I didn’t dare ignore the tagging since John is from the Nashville, Tennessee area, which is practically the center of the blogging universe. (If you don’t believe me, go check out all the Tennessee links in the sidebar at Salem’s Lots.) Bloggers there actually know one another and interact outside of the anonymous blogsphere. Very cool, but piss one of them off and it could totally snowball into an army of irate bloggers.

Scary thought, so without further delay I present:


6 Weird Things About Me

1. I love ham and pineapple pizza. I don’t think that’s weird at all, but people always turn their noses up when I mention it so I guess some people think it’s an odd combo. They have no idea what they’re missing. Yum!

2. I have worked for the same company for 10+ years, but in three different states (MA, MI, DC). My company has offices in several other states, so I probably can keep moving every few years until retirement. Who knows, I might even try out the Tennessee office.

3. My absolute favorite shoes are Crocs. I wear them everywhere, even to work. I know they look sort of stupid, but I don’t care because they are soooo comfy.

4. I hate following trends. I avoid things that are ‘in,’ even if I like them, just so no one will think I’m trying to be trendy. (I made an exception for Crocs, because I had them before they were trendy. But it really killed me to be thought of as trendy all this past summer.)

5. I have eight piercings, but that’s only marginally weird because all of them are in my ears. I wanted to get a tattoo, but I was too chicken so in a fit of teenage rebellion I pierced my ears multiple times instead. I liked the look, so I kept it even after it didn’t piss off my parents anymore.

6. I have funky red highlights in my hair. (Finally! I went back to the salon today and the stylist admitted to going conservative last time because she was worried I’d freak out if she went too wild. But today she dyed all the old blond streaks red and made new blond ones. Turns out it’s really hard to take a picture of the back of your own head, so this was the best I could do…See what you think.)



I hope I have successfully kept the Tennessee blogging contingent at bay by playing along with John’s tag (despite my obvious lack of weirdness of any kind). I now hereby tag every blogger in Tennessee who has not already been tagged with a weird-things-about-you meme. You know who you are. And if you want everyone else to know who you are, leave me a comment and I will add your link here.

6 comments:

thethinker said...

My sister bought a pair of hot pink Crocs that I absolutely hated because I thought they looked so funny. Then she told me to try them on and that shut me up. Those are some of the most comfortable shoes ever.

Nice hair.

Skittles said...

I love your highlights!

menrva said...

Cool highlights!

You should try to get transfered so you can move back here to DC. :)

Pepper said...

Never wore crocs.

Love you hair. I gave up coloring it and let it go grey. Not only am I mistaken for a man but an old man. hmmmm

I didn't know Tennessee was the blogging center. Interesting.

Are you weird? Delightfully so and don't change.

Lee said...

Your hair is so shiny!

Anonymous said...

You put alot of energy into being unique. dont put limitations on your likings. Being different comes from inside, your thoughts and ideas are what set you apart from others.