Thursday, November 23, 2006

I Pull Off Weird Well

I got my hair colored yesterday afternoon and I hate it! Well, hate is a strong word, so let's just say it is not what I wanted. I seriously was going for something funky with lots of blond and red highlights and whatnot (like the Kelly Clarkson picture). Instead I got boring monotone that is a tad too dark for my complexion.

I think perhaps the stylist thought I was too old for anything funky. Or she screwed up. I'm not sure which. She recommended doing the highlights so they 'peeked out' underneath, rather than on top. Since she said it would make upkeep easier, I went for it. I sat there for ever and a day while she put all these foil sheets in my hair. I thought the foiled sections were where the blond and red highlights were going.

But maybe not, because all I ended up with are like three tiny blond streaks and maybe four red hairs. (Also some white hairs that apparently were resistent to hair color of any shade, the little buggers.) The highlights do not 'peek out,' as promissed; the damn things remain completely hidden! All you see is the top layer of hair, which is just dark brown, super boring plain dark brown. I could have achieved the same result myself with a $7 bottle of Clairol hair color. Ugh!

The hair place is closed today because of Thanksgiving and I'll be away tomorrow, but I'm thinking of going back over the weekend to see if they can add lots more blond and red highlights. Regardless of age, I am meant to have funky hair. This test proves it.

Your Hair Should Be Orange

Expressive, deep, and one of a kind.
You pull off "weird" well - hardly anyone notices.

5 comments:

Skittles said...

Mine said "white".. Classy, stylish, and eloquent. You've got a way about you that floors everyone you meet.

Is that like gray?

Island Spice said...

I've been just about every colour under the sun. If they ever write my biography they can have colour plates in the centre with all the various styles and colours I have tired.
Once I went goth black on a painful valentines day, went red for christmas and dumest of the dumb I once bleached my hair till it was grey. Now I get that naturally.
My hairdressers son is doing well in college.. :)

Pepper said...

Classy, stylish, and eloquent.
You've got a way about you that floors everyone you meet.

I am white too.

austere said...

purrrrrrrrrple.
but i knew it.
bah.

abbagirl74 said...

white here as well