Saturday, November 25, 2006

Three Things Too Many

In my second tagging of the day (see the post immediately below for tagging number one), The Thinker at Theory of Thought tagged me for a three things tag. I’ll get to that in a moment, but first three things about The Thinker that get me thinking:

  • How can she be so wonderfully witty at the tender young age of 16?
  • How come her school assigns so much homework when my son always says he has none?
  • Are her parents really oblivious to her blog or do they just let her think that they don’t know about it?


Three Things Tag

3 Things that scare me: warmongers, that Roe v Wade will be overturned, that my former hubby will show up on my door step some day

3 People who make me laugh: Carlos Mencia -- quick laugh, Wanda Sykes, Dat Phan -- quick laugh (and lots of other stand-up comedians, too)

3 Things I love: my kids (especially when they are well-behaved and do everything I say), sleeping in until at least noon, blogging

3 Things I hate: being sick, flying in airplanes, dealing with people when they are drunk (or high)

3 Things I don’t understand: how people can have an unquestioning belief in anything (skepticism is my middle name), the arguments against same-sex marriage, rocket science

3 Things on my desk: check it out for yourselves >>

3 Things I’m doing right now: breathing, blogging, trying to ignore the beat of the shitty music that my upstairs neighbors are blasting (which would be easier if the ceiling weren’t vibrating)

3 Things I want to do before I die: visit every state in the US (except Nebraska because there isn’t anything exciting there), visit at least one off-the-beaten-path destination on each continent, have great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren

3 Things I can do: be a bitch without really trying, drive stick shift, balance my checkbook

3 Things I can’t do: type the right way (though I have my own system that works pretty well), play the piano (despite all those years of piano lessons), change a tire (maybe I could do it if I absolutely had to, but I never have)

3 Things you should listen to: CNN, BBC, the buzz of the blogshere (none of these sources relay impartial news but the more sources you listen to, the better your chances of getting the real story)

3 Things you should never listen to: Bill O’Reilly, Pat Robertson, Dr. Phil (you can listen for amusement if you must; just please, please, please don’t take any of the crap they say to heart)

3 Things I’d like to learn: to dance sexy Latin dances, to play the guitar, to make pottery

3 Favorite foods: chocolate, French bread that is crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, pasta (carbs, carbs and carbs…yum!)

3 Beverages I drink regularly: Starbucks venti non-fat, no-foam latte; coffee that I brew up at home; Poland Spring bottled water

3 Shows I watched as a kid: Romper Room, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (even though I secretly wished that the highly annoying meow meow Henrietta Pussycat meow meow would choke on a fur ball and die), Zoom

3 People I’m tagging: Blondie, Austere and Michael C because they were the last three people to comment on my blog. That’ll teach you to comment. Only kidding! I, of course, live for all your comments. (Skittles would have qualified, but she’s already done this meme, so I skipped over her.)

9 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Nice list. Three is a good number for most things except intimate relationships.

I also wonder about The Thinker. She is so mature and expresses her thoughts so well that I regularly accuse her of really being 35. (She hasn't denied it.)

Skittles said...

Three things I liked about your MeMe:
1. The picture showing your desk.
2. Your comment about Nebraska. I've been there, and you're right.
3. Laughing at Henrietta Pussycat!

austere said...

eh.

John H said...

nice...

I"m thinking you should do that visit all the states bit soon, starting with TENNESSEE!!

Starrlight said...

Thank you for putting into words my extreme hatred of Henrietta. Fast Pussycat, DIE DIE DIE. Indeed.

slaghammer said...

You should not delay your entry into the world of pottery. The wheel is the missing link!

Irene said...

The Thinker tagged me with the same meme. I'm still working on it. Yours is a great list! It was enjoyable learning a little more about you. Have a good week ahead! =)

starbender said...

I almost thought I had answered these....
great minds think alike!
' ]

lori hahn said...

Whoa! I was forced to live in Nebraska twice! It really wasn't so bad - the Old Market in Omaha, the great Missouri River and all it has to offer, the beautiful Red Bluffs in the West--I know there's something else, let me think.

Seriously though, if you're going to skip one state, make it North Dakota, not Nebraska, because there really isn't anything interesting there. http://www.hahnathome.com