Monday, December 11, 2006

When a Lot Is Too Much

Check out my snazzy condiment collection.

If you would like to amass a similar collection, but don't have the time to visit your local fast food establishments like I did, do not dismay. You can now build your own condiment collection one packet at a time, thanks to Minumus.

Ketchup - 6 cents each
Taco sauce - 12 cents each
Salt - 10 for 5 cents
Many other choices here


Minimus is a company that specializes in travel-sized and individually-packaged items. Although I can't imagine actually buying a ketchup packet when McDonalds gives me a handful of ketchup packets for free every time I'm there, the idea of a business that sells only small quantities is rather unique, so I have to give Minimus an A for their creative business idea.

Their travel-sized items seem to be priced similarly to what you might see in a place like Target. For items that normally sell as part of a multi-pack, the Minumus prices per item are higher than you'd pay if you bought the whole package at the store. You'll get dinged in shipping charges unless you place a larger order. (Orders over $20 ship for free.)

Minimus offers several pre-packaged theme assortments or you can mix and match what you want. For example, if you just want 1 ketchup packet, then you can order just 1 ketchup packet. Why someone would want just one of some items, though, is unclear.


1 Ziploc freezer bag - 9 cents
Plastic has such a short shelf life, who could possibly use a whole box?

2 Ritz crackers - 14 cents
So you won't eat too many because they aren't good for you?

1 maxi pad - 45 cents
For exceptionally light periods?

1 condom - 65 cents
For when you may get lucky, but not lucky enough for the whole package of 3?

4 comments:

mist1 said...

I like the condiments that come in tiny designer packages. It makes me feel classier when I lift them from places.

Blondie said...

That reminds me of the crap I see on Ebay where people bid insane amounts of money for things I can get at the $1 store.

Crankster said...

Maybe the condom's for when you get lucky but have no damn stamina.

Anonymous said...

If you like that site, check out http://www.AllTravelSizes.com also.