Saturday, January 06, 2007

Turkey Never Tasted So Good

Because the weather was so nice on Saturday I wanted to do something outdoorsy. I came up with what I thought was a unique idea. I'd walk along the Harborwalk to the new Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) location that just opened last month in South Boston. All went well until I actually got to the ICA and found that tons of other people apparently had the same idea. Well, at least the part about visiting the new ICA because, though the Harbor Walk was pretty desolate, the ICA was mobbed. The line to buy tickets was so long that I opted instead to just grab something to eat at the museum's "Water Cafe by Wolfgang Puck" and continue my Harborwalk trek. (The museum's not going anywhere, after all. I can always return some other day.)

If the speed of the line at the museum's cafe was any indication, I was smart to skip the line for entry to the museum itself. There were only a few people in front of me, yet it took about a half hour to get to the front of the cafe line to order. Perhaps because the place is new, they are still working out the kinks. Or maybe they just wanted to remove any idea that it was a fast food joint because the menu included a turkey sandwich with a $10 price tag. Best damn turkey sandwich I've ever had. Which either means that Wolfgang Puck is a culinary genius or that I was so hungry by the time I finally got served that cardboard would have tasted good.


~The new ICA building~
I ate my yummy sandwich here...
ICA's cool covered seating area facing the harbor.
The closest I got to seeing contemporary-ish art...
Some sculptures at Eastport Park.

2 comments:

Aisby said...

Puck may indeed be a culinary genius, but sandwiches and salads always taste better when someone else makes them...even if it's the same stuff you have at home.

PARLANCHEQ said...

Aisby: Agreed. There's something about not having to prep or clean up that makes food taste better. :)