Sunday, February 11, 2007

Eat Me - I'm Organic

I think I may be going granola. Lately I've been reading food labels and eschewing products containing ingredients like high-fructose corn syrup and partially-hydrogenated vegetable oil (even though nearly every yummy processed food on the market contains one or both). And while I still can't bring myself to knock carts on a regular basis with the yuppies who frequent Whole Foods Market, I find myself increasingly drawn to shopping at fun and funky (and surprisingly cheap) Trader Joe's. To top it off, yesterday when I ran into the grocery store to grab some milk I inexplicably walked out with organic even though it cost TWICE as much as the regular old variety. Yikes! Next thing you know I'll probably stop shaving my pits.

Green Knickers --> blog, website

2 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I shop at Whole Foods, or as I prefer to call it, Whole Pay Check. I'm not a yuppie, but used to be a hippie, or at least a hippie sympathizer - I had very long hair but bathed regularly, didn't do drugs but was purchasing agent for the hardcore hippies in Greenwich Village who were not allowed into the best bakery in town.

Trader Joe's is great! I love that place.

Just D said...

I'd go for organic if I could afford it. However I am not rich enough to afford the good for me stuff. The best I can do is buy Kashi products.

Someday I'll marry a rich dude who will support my organic habit.

;-)