Monday, February 12, 2007

Spiking The Gap

Having worked in retail I know all too well how incessant folding can send people right over the edge.



This commercial was directed by Spike Jonze, of Being John Malkovich fame. Hated that movie. Love this commercial. The Gap reportedly released it only briefly in a few markets. Too bad because it's a hoot. I might have even been tempted to shop at The Gap if I saw it. Well, if they started selling better stuff, I mean.



This week's word was
spike.
Click
here to see the spike in spike-related posts.

9 comments:

Gattina said...

Sorry I can't comment on this, I don't know anything about it. I watched the "commercial" but of course I couldn't see anything in it ! Lol !

ShadowFalcon said...

I want to go to GAP!!!

Morgen said...

thanks for participating in Manic Mondays!
Yes, working in retail can sometimes tap your soul -- like a big spike through the heart.
cheers,
manic mo

Morgen said...

ps: as a former retail employee, wouldn't you have LOvEd to have been in on the making of that ad???
I mean, tearing the freakin' store apart -- what therapy!

mo

Sarge Charlie said...

good post, thanks for stopping by my place

slaghammer said...

Love the commercial, not overflowing with love for the Gap. I would love to trash one though.

Just D said...

Happy Valentines Day chicklet!!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

This was great!! The music was perfect, too. Thanx!

Julie said...

I feel the exact same way as those people in the store. Do you think this means they might start selling clothing other than hoodies and ugly sweaters??? Me like.