Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Computer Is Stupid

My computer does not realize that the US changed to Daylight Saving Time a few weeks early this year, even though I allow all its internal programs more or less free reign to go out and surf the Internet so as to keep updated on important happenings such as this. The computer annoyingly finds updates of Real Player every other day; you'd think it could figure out what time it is. But no! I even tried to resync the computer's internal clock with the Internet manually, but it still thinks it's 5:30 p.m., when really it's now 6:30 p.m. I wonder if I can use this as an excuse to be late to work tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

PARLANCHEQ said...

In fairness to my computer, I must correct my previous statement. It is not my computer that is stupid, so much as its operator. After much effort I discovered that I had downloaded, but then apparently prohibited my computer from installing, the update required to adjust the computer's clock to Daylight Saving Time. (Duh!) I'm still planning to be late for work tomorrow, though, seeing as how I had to stay up half the night to figure that out.

Lee said...

Very nice of you to admit it! You definitely cannot run for president. You are too honest.