Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shameless Self-Promotion

Because I need yet more excuses to never get enough sleep, I have been working on another blog. Its subject matter is not quite as awesomely cynical and irreverent as the banter I maintain here but, like everything I post, still worthy of your utmost attention (ha!). So, go check it out if you have a moment.

Oh, and in case you were wondering...If you write a lowly, undiscovered blog solely dedicated to domestic violence and two woman get gunned down at work by their ex-boyfriends in as many days, this is what happens to your site visit meter. (If I was cynical I would mention that it doesn't hurt if at least one of the women is especially attractive, educated, upwardly mobile and - OK, I'll say it - white.*) Too bad the fact that the same thing happens multiple times every single day - albeit usually behind closed doors - doesn't seem to generate the same interest. Or outcry.

*By far the most popular search that has led people to my other blog is for Rebecca Griego, the woman murdered last week at the University of Washington in Seattle. If you scan the postings there, though, you will see that domestic violence touches all races, ages, genders, sexual preferences, socioeconomic classes, etc.

4 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I read several of the stories. It's good you're doing this. People need to know.

I managed a domestic violence shelter and have always wanted to write a book about it, but so far, have not been able to. Working intimately with the abused (and being threatened, sometimes, by the abusers) changed me forever, but I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to write about it.

It's a very serious problem that cuts across all racial and socio-economic lines. And the cycle of violence continues because without intervention, the children of such relationships grow up and live what they learned.

Isabella Snow said...

Check your email!

Michael C said...

It is definitely good to see the power of a blog being used to bring attention to something so important.

Vive42 said...

wait just a minute here... i thought domestic violence was only for rock stars' girlfriends!