Monday, May 07, 2007

Survival of the Fattest

Survival of the Fattest, by Danish sculptor Jens Galschiot, is intended to depict the imbalanced distribution of the world's resources between the developed nations of the West - represented here by a rather full-figured Justitia (goddess of justice) - and the rest of the world.

These words are engraved on Justitia's staff: I’m sitting on the back of a man - He is sinking under the burden - I would do anything to help him - Except stepping down from his back.



This week's word was
survive (and its varitions).
Links to more survival stories
here.

4 comments:

Meloncutter said...

The wisdom of the ages. I have had a fat woman on my back for nearly 28 years. Times never change.

Later Y'all

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

hey! melon is in here too? honey where did you get someone with my tits? ha ha ha ha ha

smiles, bee

Starrlight said...

That was cool!

Michael C said...

Wow. That's actually very deep.