Monday, August 20, 2007

Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Nasty

Boys and girls, listen carefully so you might learn from my mistakes: If the line at the fine dining establishment you planned to go to is too long, do not, repeat do not, decide it might be fun to slum at the nearby IHOP. It will only lead to disappointment as IHOP loses all its charm if you are not at least partially inebriated and it is not between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. Also -- little-known fact -- cough-syrup-red, sicky-sweet, artificially-flavored, strawberry pancake syrup will make you feel like barfing if you eat it when you are not at least partially inebriated and it is not between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.

On a related note, I was oh-so tempted to poke major fun at this, but Tim and Kathy seem so genuinely happy after hitching the knot at IHOP (complete with preacher and live music!) that instead I celebrated their union by watching all 18 minutes of their wedding video. If you would like to send a wedding gift, I believe the couple has registered here.

2 comments:

Meloncutter said...

IHOP is near the top of my never ever eat there again list. It's in the top 2 anyway. The other is domino's pizza or possibly RYAN's buffet.

The last time I put a place on my do not eat list, I did not eat at a Mcdonalds for 26 years. Only since we now have one on the corner by the house, did I try it last year. I didn't die and have been back a couple of times, but for 26 years I was not one of the billions and billions made sick, made fat or abused by the sub par help.

Good post.

Later Y'all.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I refuse to go to IHOP ever, for any reason.

The wedding video leaves me speechless. Really. Speechless.