Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pink October #6

Cardinal Industries, makers of this oh-so-pink Bunco boxed set, have generously agreed to donate 2% of the wholesale price of each game sold to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Hmm, let's do the math. The game retails for $10. That means the wholesale price - the price stores pay for the product before they jack up the price so they can put it on sale later and still make a profit - is probably less than $5. Two percent of $5 is - and I double checked this on my calculator because number was so big I was having trouble with all the zeros - 10 cents.

My, how generous.


OK, I admit it. Prior to this I had never heard of 'Bunco' and had to Google it to inform myself.

"In recent years, the game has seen a resurgence in popularity ... particularly among suburban women... Bunco is a social dice game involving 100% luck and no skill ... women who are part of a Bunco club take turns as the Bunco hostess, providing snacks, refreshments and the tables to set up the games. The hostess may also provide a door prize."[Wikipedia]
*gag* Faithful blog readers: If ever write that I have joined a Bunco club, please hunt me down and shoot me, OK?


More 'Pink October' here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bunco is all chance with no decision-making or skill necessary, but that approach merges very well with wine! We "Bunco Divas" get together once a month and hoot and holler to the wee hours - using plain 'ol dice and rules printed out from the internet. I've been playing for 10 years and think it's getting even more popular - look, they are even starting to sell Bunco shirts with bling now! Can't wait to outfit our entire team! Might not be your cup of tea but then you're probably a lot younger than the rest of us.