Monday, July 28, 2008

Attic Treasures #10

Peter Rabbit's Lesser-Known Animal Pals


That these childhood books of mine are a bit tattered is evidence that I really am getting up there in years liked to read Beatrix Potter when I was little, in particular 'The Roly-Poly Pudding,' which was my favorite.

If you're not familiar with the story, it's about a mother cat who locks her mischievous kittens in a cupboard so she can get her housework done. After one kitten escapes, he is nearly turned into a tasty baked good and eaten by giant rats, as shown below.



The moral of the story, boys and girls, is that if your mom locks you in the closet, she has her reasons so stay there, god damn it.

Given that I read stuff like that when I was a kid, I'm especially well adjusted, wouldn't you say?


Helen Beatrix Potter
author, illustrator, scientist & conservationist
July 28, 1866 - December 22, 1943



Credit where credit is due: Inspired by Google. (I love this by the way.)

No comments: