Monday, October 13, 2008

It's a Zoo Out There

Because I don't believe in business trips that entail traveling to an exciting locale only to spend the entire time in a windowless conference room - and also because I am not overly dedicated to my job - I decided to do something fun upon my arrival in DC rather than hole up in my hotel room and prepare for the next day's meeting. It was a beautiful day, so I picked the zoo.

I hadn't been to the National Zoo since hubby dearest and I split company way back in 1999, but before that I lived for over 10 years within walking distance of the zoo's back entrance and the kids and I (and hubby dearest, too, when he wasn't in one of his moods) were frequent visitors. Now mind you, the price (free!) didn't hurt, but I also remember thinking it was a totally cool zoo.

On this trip it seemed a bit dreary, though. Even the animals seemed less vibrant and full of life. But at least I had a good walk.


No comments: