Wednesday, January 07, 2009

High School Musical #1

Heard this song on the radio today for the first time in like forever and it brought back memories of high school. Blasting it at school dances in the gym of our tiny little high school out in the back woods of New Hampshire made us feel anti-establishment cool even though, I'm pretty sure, there was absolutely none of the white powder circulating at the school at the time. A little pot and Dexatrim diet pills masquerading as uppers, maybe, but that was about as hard core as the drug scene got that far from civilization back then. Oh, and beer, too, of course. The drinking age was 18 and not really enforced, so beer flowed pretty freely. Ah, the good old days.



If the beginning doesn't sound familiar, wait until around 1:20 and you should recognize the song.



Details, details: High School Musical refers not to the Disney movie (puh-lease, what do you think I'm 12 or something?), but rather to music I remember from when I was in high school (70s and early 80s stuff, mostly, give or take, if you insist on dating me). I'll post more when the fancy strikes.


1 comment:

Starrlight said...

Clapton is God =)