Monday, March 16, 2009

Martha Stewart Moment

Since I've lived in the same apartment for going on something like four years I figured it was high time I replaced the ghetto-ass curtains (a.k.a. sheets) in my bedroom with the real deal. But since most pre-fabbed curtains are ugly as hell, not to mention way overpriced for what they are (in fairness I only looked at Target and K-Mart before reaching this conclusion), I decided I could do better by making the curtains myself.

In case you were wondering, here's what $15 worth of fabric + a super-cheap sewing machine + sewing skills learned in 7th grade Home Ec class will get you. (Well, actually it gets you double this, since I made curtains for two windows.)




What do you think, good enough to make Martha proud?

3 comments:

starbender said...

I think you did a great job.

I'm back after a long break.

come visit!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~☼♥ Starbender ♥☼~
http://wackocrazy.blogspot.com/

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Good for you!!!

I need to do a similar project, and I hope it turns out as well as yours.

The Queen of Winstead said...

Indeedy!