Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good News, Bad News

Given that I once had something approaching a major panic attack during a chest CT scan, I am giving myself a pat on the back for making it through my head MRI on Tuesday without a hitch. And it was even in the regular MRI machine, not the open one. I think the key was keeping my eyes shut the ENTIRE time. (Couldn't even tell you how close the tube was to my nose.) It also helped that the technician told me that if I wimped out I'd have to reschedule for another day because the open MRI was booked the whole afternoon, not to mention that shooting the images with the open MRI takes much longer and the images don't come out as clear. (Probably all lies, but it got me into the regular MRI tube regardless.)

Anyway, that wasn't the good news, this is: my MRI was "completely normal," per a phone call from my doc this afternoon. No MS. No brain tumor. No hemorrhage. No sign of infection. No anything out of the ordinary, period. Yay!

The bad news is that, given all the other tests already performed, the MRI was just about the last hope for diagnosing my mystery ailment (short of considering an entirely psychiatric condition). Shit.

No comments: