Saturday, February 20, 2010

Woof, Woof

To refresh your memory about my trip itinerary, to get to my ultimate destination of San Antonio via Amtrak I took a train from Boston to New York City, then New York City to New Orleans, and finally New Orleans to San Antonio, all of which has been (more or less) reflected in the previous posts. Now it's time to post about the return trip.

Had a
deja-vu moment upon my return arrival in New Orleans on February 7th, when the taxi from the train station could not get to my hotel because streets in the French Quarter were blocked due to a Mardi Gras parade. I got dropped several blocks away, right in the middle of the parade, so if you saw an idiot watching the parade with a suitcase in one hand and a camera in the other, that was me.

Oh, and did I mention it was a
Mardi Gras parade for dogs? I kid you not...








Who knew that dogs were such football fans?

No comments: